In late October and early November 2023, ferries operating on the Ust-Luga – Baltiysk sea line transported a number of rolling cargoes to the Kaliningrad Region, which are extremely necessary for the life support of the region.
Thus, ferries delivered to the Kaliningrad region:
• a special tractor and additional equipment for servicing hazelnut and walnut orchards (the total area of walnut orchards in the region occupies 170 hectares, the project is unique not only for the region, but also for the whole of Russia);
• a car tower for servicing the power grids of the region (with its help, you can quickly eliminate wire breaks after frequent Baltic hurricanes, ensure uninterrupted power supply for residents of the region);
• the crane-manipulator installation necessary for carrying out gasification of objects of the region;
• isometric van for the delivery of vegetables, fruits from farms to processing sites and retail outlets;
• coastal station for the Baltic coast;
• equipment for mooring ships;
• and many other construction and special equipment involved in the construction of various important infrastructure facilities in the Kaliningrad region.
All this unique equipment cannot be purchased in the region. The products are included in the sanctions lists of limitrophs, and the technological accuracy of the equipment makes any additional cargo operations extremely undesirable. Therefore, ferry transportation is the only way of delivery.
As always, the well-coordinated interaction of the Ministries of Infrastructure Development and Agriculture of the Kaliningrad region, Oboronlogistics and its line agents in the ports of Ust-Luga and Baltiysk contribute to the prompt delivery of goods and the preservation of the pace of development of the region's infrastructure.